*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/535928-A-sad-loss-to-the-Writing-world
Rated: E · Book · Opinion · #1310876
A Blog by an Author, for Authors about the Writing and Publishing fields.
#535928 added September 20, 2007 at 6:30am
Restrictions: None
A sad loss to the Writing world
         The world of Authors suffered a sad loss this last Sunday. Under a couple different pseudonymes he has written Historical novels, aided in the continuation of the Connan the Barbarian series, and spellbound many of us with The Wheel of Time fantasy series.
 
         Known to his fans as Robert Jordan, James Oliver Rigney passed away Sunday at age 58 in Charleston, SC due to a Blood Illness.
 
         Any that are fans of his best selling 'Wheel of Time' series, such as myself, know that the twelfth, and final novel of this series has not yet been released, in fact the novel was still in process at the time of his death. There have been some slight indications that the novel will be finished from his notes. This brings mixed feelings for me, who will step in and take up the thread of his story? Will they do justice to the final end of this epic that he has worked hard to create for us for so many years? And also, is it too soon after his death for them to be thinking of this? I suppose in a way, its a tribute to his memory to make sure that his work is finished.
 
 
Robert Jordan, (James O. Rigney Jr.)
Oct. 17, 1948 to Sept. 16, 2007

© Copyright 2007 RDWilliams (UN: rdwilliams at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RDWilliams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/535928-A-sad-loss-to-the-Writing-world