*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/539059-A-bit-of-silver-lining
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#539059 added October 16, 2007 at 11:44am
Restrictions: None
A bit of silver lining
Thursday, Robert went to see the surgeon in his office. The doctor hadn't been very encouraging about the burn on top of Robert's foot, but when he took off the dressings, he said he saw no sign of infection. Whew, thank the Lord.

Then as he rubbed his fingers across the bio-dermus on top of the foot, Robert said he could feel it. The doctor said that was a good sign, that nerves were regenerating. "In fact," he said, "I'm surprised at how good the foot looks. I knew the knee would probably be okay, but that foot ..."

I told him, "There have been many people praying over that foot."

The doctor stepped back and looked over at me. "What, what? What do you mean."

"Many people have been praying that Robert's foot would heal," I told him.

Robert gave a sigh. "Especially me."

The doctor looked as if he weren't sure about us, then said, "Well, I'm surprised at how good it's doing."

The doctor then dressed the burns, the whole leg from above the knee to Robert's toes himself. Robert goes back a week from today to have the dressings changed again.

Yes, I see some silver lining.


© Copyright 2007 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/539059-A-bit-of-silver-lining