*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/554724
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#554724 added December 12, 2007 at 12:32am
Restrictions: None
A step forward, a step back, two steps forward
About a month ago xrays showed Robert's spine is in bad shape, as if we didn't know that already - the man is in a power chair.

The doctor ordered an MRI, and since lying on his back causes such extreme pain, it took two different tries on two different days before the tests could be finished. The results showed that a disc between lombar 4 and 5 was in bad shape and that Robert has strosis between lombar 3 and 4, where the bones have thickened to the point that the spinal cord is squeezed.

Thursday of last week, Robert had to be at the Spine Hospital before 7:00 AM for an epidural steroid injection. Hopefully it will cause the swelling and inflamation in his spine reduce, and thereby reducing the extreme pain. So far, so good.

An hour after we left the Spine Hospital, he had to be at the surgeon's office for his burn to be checked and the dressing changed. The artifical graft seems to be working. Now we do the dressings, and unless something changes, he won't go back to the surgeon. The healing will probably take another couple of months at least, but the prognosis is good.

© Copyright 2007 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/554724