*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/640916
by JudyB
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1467972
My experiences of diagnosis/treatment of cancer
#640916 added March 17, 2009 at 5:01pm
Restrictions: None
Leaving Home for Round 3 was tough
The night before I had to leave for the hospital (Dec. 7), I went to visit my son and his family. I tried to be upbeat but was unsuccessful. Jason was visibly upset but the little ones had fun opening their presents.

Gage, being only 18 months old, couldn't understand I would be gone for another month, but Emma, who would be three on Dec. 12, could readily grasp it. With this being my third time to be away from home she selectively refused to acknowledge it, choosing instead to just play with her new toys. In a way, that made it easier on me.

Bright and early the next morning Bill and I left for the hospital. Thankfully the roads were clear and travel was safe. We arrived shortly before 9 a.m. where I had saw my doctor before officially checking into the hospital. I was happy to be given a 2-person room that had been changed to a single room. It was very large and roomy and didn't seem as confining as the air-filtered rooms I'd been in on my first two hospitalizations.




© Copyright 2009 JudyB (UN: judbie46 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JudyB has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/640916