*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/642690-My-Independant-Streak
by JudyB
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1467972
My experiences of diagnosis/treatment of cancer
#642690 added March 28, 2009 at 10:42pm
Restrictions: None
My Independant Streak
About ten days later, after my blood counts were beginning to rise quite well, Bill was visiting while I was again in labs. The doctor checked my numbers and said any day soon I would be able to go home.

After we left the hospital, I just couldn't bear the thought of going out to eat at a restaurant, return to the cancer lodge, watch some television with my husband and say good-bye to him again.

While Bill was somewhat reluctant to do as I asked, I was so frustrated that I told him to take me to the car rental place to see what it would cost to rent a car for just one night. A really nice car was available at a good price so I went back to the lodge, packed a suitcase and told the staff we would be spending the night in a motel. Instead I drove the 2-hours home in the rental while he drove our car and I enjoyed a most wonderful evening with my grandchildren, and relaxed in the comfort of my own house.

Funny how it all turned out. Early the next morning I left for the hospital, with my son following me in his car. I got to labs at 8 a.m. and after my tests came back, the doctor decided to discharge me to go home! My son and I locked eyes and smiled. My freedom had been granted!



Many thanks to all who are displaying a "Butterfly for Judy"

© Copyright 2009 JudyB (UN: judbie46 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JudyB has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/642690-My-Independant-Streak