*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/728148
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Cultural · #1789324
Required journal entries for Language and Culture class at Baker
#728148 added July 23, 2011 at 2:25pm
Restrictions: None
Journal 4: History of English
The history of English. It began with the Celts in what is now Modern day England. They were invaded by the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes. Their language mixed together to create English. It was of course influenced by Latin, Old French, and other invaders of the little island.

My teacher played a video called the history of english in ten minutes. It's available on youtube in all ten parts. Part four about the bible is part funny and part offensive but I guess they all could be considered that. http://youtu.be/r9Tfbeqyu2U The first part is available at the previous link.

I've tried hard to think of something interesting for this topic, but it has to do with history. Sorry, I cannot find anything interesting about history. I love the English language and learning that some words came from the Celts, Jutes, Angles, Saxons, Old French, and Native Americans is kind of interesting, but writing about it is not interesting at all. It's one of those "Well that's neat" kinda things and that's it.

I have to write an essay about one of the aspects of this history. I chose to write it on the influence of American Indians on the English language. I can't post it to my profile though until the class is over because I have to post it to turnitin.com and it will say that I plagerized the whole thing which won't be true because it will still be the exact same paper with the exact same author just posted on two different sites. But anyway that could look bad, so I will post it to my Baker College work folder after I finish this course. I know the anticipation will just be too much. Bad joke, sorry.


290 words
© Copyright 2011 Jeanette (UN: babygirl328 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeanette has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/728148