*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/768404
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#768404 added December 14, 2012 at 1:24am
Restrictions: None
Cover Images - Important Update:
Greets,

As I've gotten further into implementing Cover Images, I realized a key step was missed in the initial setup for them. (Technically speaking, I wasn't flagging items as having a cover image when storing it to the database and was instead re-checking for a cover image each time the item was referenced. Highly in-efficient!) I've fixed the problem, however, if you've already added any cover images, you need to edit and then re-save their item(s) to apply the fix.

*Right* To be sure this is clear: If your cover is NOT showing, you DO NOT have to re-upload the image to the item. Just open the item's edit screen, and immediately save it again. (Doing this re-save gets the system to see your existing cover image and automatically update the item's "cover image flag" in the database appropriately.)

I apologize for this... I do try to make sure all the setup is done before releasing something into a public Beta testing phase. But it is this beta period that helps us make sure things are right. In this case, all was not perfect. Thanks to all you early-adopters for your help in figuring that out!


*Thumbsup* The good news is that with the update a new feature for Cover Images has been added. Credit to "Cover Images"  , you can choose to use another item's cover image (or an image item) as the cover for an item. One example use might be a Group Item who's cover is used for a variety of Group related activities and items. A group owner can upload the cover image one time, into the group item. That cover image can be referenced in the activity items. If the Group's cover is updated, all of the items sharing that cover will be updated at the same time. Nifty! *Smile*


Best wishes,
~~SM

© Copyright 2012 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/768404