*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/772403
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#772403 added January 22, 2013 at 1:10am
Restrictions: None
Lots of Forum Updates!
Greetings Folks!

Message forums have seen a variety of changes over the past few days. We've been doing some cleanup and adding *Cool* new stuff. Here's the run down of where we are in that process:


*ButtonB* The general look and layout of forums has been updated (aka cleaned up). In both threaded and un-threaded view, message listings and post content have less "sludge" lying around.

*ButtonBr* For forum owners, a new Manage link resides in the tools line. The manage area provides us an area to expand the tools we offer. The "Purge" link that used to be in the tools line has moved to this new Manage menu.

*ButtonG* In the Manage area, a new tool that provides a Post Count Summary can be found. It provides a tabulation of the posts made by each participant. Both a "from" and "until" date can be set, allowing you to find activity over any given period.

*ButtonR* And, probably super coolest of all - which is why I left it for last - we duplicated the email system's emoticon tagging system in forums! You can now start a message subject with any emoticon. That first emoticon will be shown and any replies in the thread will retain the emoticon. Have an announcement? Tag it with *Exclaim*. Something *Cool* to share? "*Radioactive* Warning" will command attention. "*Plane* Vacation" is pretty clear! And I hope to see a whole lotta "*Bigsmile* I was published" threads.


If you have any feedback, please let us know; feel free to leave a comment!

And if you're a forum leader and you think there's some tools we might be able to create to save you time managing a group or activity, please let us know over in "Suggestion Box. Even if we can't make them happen, it's great to hear how people think about using the tools we do and could possibly give them!

Write on,
~~SM

© Copyright 2013 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/772403