*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/792947-An-important-update-to-Ratings-on-WritingCom
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#792947 added October 2, 2013 at 4:09am
Restrictions: None
An important update to Ratings on Writing.Com
*Bulletg* Authors will now receive notifications in the left column's    when they receive a new rating on any of their items.

*Bulletv* Ratings are no longer anonymous by default! The notification will include the giver's user tag just like the other notifications. (Past ratings-only remain anonymous and are not affected by this change.)

*Bulletb* Members with a paid membership do still have the option of checking the "Make Anonymous" box to leave an anonymous rating. In this case, the notification will show "Anonymous" rather than the giver's information.

*Bulletr* The first time you "rate-only" something, you'll receive a pop-up warning reminding you about the change. This is a one-time only warning and is only for members with accounts created prior to today. (Newer members will not receive this notice.)

*Bulletg* Nothing about reviewing has changed. This update effects the action of leaving a rating without a review only. Review emails will continue to come for reviews and no new notifications have been added for the ratings that come with a review; the email continues to be the singular notifier for those.



This has been well test, but if anything seems out of place, please drop a line in "Bug Reporting.

Write on,
~~SM

© Copyright 2013 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/792947-An-important-update-to-Ratings-on-WritingCom