*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/796967
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1712884
Why I want to write a book
#796967 added November 5, 2013 at 6:36pm
Restrictions: None
The Pope is reading me... Oh, God.

    I sent a letter to the Bishop of Maine and his secretary replied
    that the Pope would be reading my letter.
    I think I'm going to be banished from the Vatican.. The letter was a question about
    faith and the Apostolic line. There were a lot of wicked Popes and now we have two.

    I wrote about Saint Placid and how his father bought his way into the Vatican.
    Saint Placid was sent to a monastery when he was 9. What choice did he have?
    His father wanted him there for political reasons. This is not Christian. Right?

    Recently, I spent $10 on a palm reading. The fortune teller is right next to a Subway Sub shop.
    She was very entertaining. I didn't believe her. And isn't that why churches are so desperate for
    parishioners? Who wants to waist an hour in worship when the football game is on?

    I've always been skeptical. I asked Sister Emeritas if there were dinosaurs in Eden.
    She said that monsters came after the fall from grace. According to the Bible Angels instructed
    Adam and Eve on how to make clothes and farm and hide from dinosaurs?
    It just seemed silly. I was forced to sit through the Latin Roman Catholic Mass as a boy .

    It was very humid and hot in the summer and I had to wear a suit and tie to worship... Rabbi Jesus?
    I think Jesus was about helping people not sweating to boring Masses.
    A truly traditional Mass would be in Aramaic .. but, the Papacy was invented by a Roman Emperor; Constantine.

    So, it's an Italian opera. Oy.
    Does it bother anyone that religion is leading us to World War lll?
    Imagine a middle east full of agnostics.

    Qwerky fiction can come true.. "009  here mum. You need me to stop religious fanatics from blowing up everything?"
    Alright, that's a Bond film that wont be made or has it?
    "0010 here mum. The Republican Party has been taken over by Christian fanatics? Yes, mum I'll see what I can do."
    What if the Pope was a terrorist? Jesus crow!

    I think I'll watch Casino Royal...

    Shaken not stirred.

    777

© Copyright 2013 bob county (UN: muzzy43 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
bob county has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/796967