*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/811507
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#811507 added March 27, 2014 at 4:14pm
Restrictions: None
Off to Portugal!
ME:

I bought my tickets.

Argued with the computer and the dates and the times and...

...decided that I'd had enough. I leave April 7th for Lisbon, arriving the 8th in the evening. I return from Bergen, Norway on the 5th of June arriving in Montana just before midnight.

Am I thrilled? A bit. But mostly I'm relieved. The indecision was killing me (probably literally).

Now I need to find a place to stay the first two nights, make sure I have a place to stay the last night in Norway, decide how/when I go from the south to the north (there are direct flights from Barcelona).

I also have to work out Holy Week in Portugal soon or I won't have a place to stay. Same with the 17th of May in Norway. Luckily, pinse (Pentecost) is June 8th and not a factor. However... 1st of May is celebrated in both countries (and Spain and Poland), May 3rd in Poland (Constitution Day). The 25th of April is Freedom Day (Carnation Revolution) in Portugal and I'll have to be careful planning around that one.

Holidays can create all kinds of havoc for the traveler if caught unawares. I have personal experience...

So. I need to do my work.

I hope to:

1. Write and take notes in Portugal so I can write more vampire stories.
2. Improve my Norwegian and my Portuguese.
3. Visit new places and old in Norway.

I'm sure I'll do okay. Must be ready to take thousands of photos though. Last time it was about 8,000 in all.
50.155

© Copyright 2014 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/811507