*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/819653
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#819653 added June 14, 2014 at 2:43am
Restrictions: None
The Artist in the Writer
What is the role of the artist in the writer? What comes first, the artist or the writer?

If the artist has the stronger influence on the writer, does it mean the literary work comes as a picture or image of the thoughts of the writer? Let's see:

The artist would write a work that would represent her artistic nature, such as: the beauty of the daylilies that she visits daily in her garden influences her to write poetry, an artistic work that talks about love, heartbreak, tears, laughter, separation, revival, forgiveness. The poet is the artist who writes about the heart, about love's enduring influence, about the pain of separation, about the laughter in the joy of recapturing lost love, about forgiveness that resulted in misunderstanding. Such is art.

The writer as a nonfiction artist believes and uses words that are explanations of the way the object works. Let's look at a boomerang. What is a boomerang? It's a piece of wood that is carved into a half moon, that can fly when thrown upward. There is no art in the explanation, only words that give meaning to the article that is being described. Art is lost in nonfiction!

And so to the writers of today, take your art seriously and paper the world with all the artistic talent you have!!!



© Copyright 2014 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/819653