*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/824428
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#824428 added August 4, 2014 at 1:57pm
Restrictions: None
Pride and Prejudice.
Read the book on my tablet.

About the book:

1. Obviously written in and written about a different time and place.
2. A bit facile with relationships but then maybe that's how society was structured and arrangements were made.
3. Each of the three girls gets a husband just like her in temperament? Bravo and... ouch. Love the Darcys.
4. In some ways the parents are more real. Mismatches are common in the real world.
5. The speech patterns are quaint at times.

I found it a pleasant read and understand now why it was so popular and remains so. There is enough tension to keep it interesting. For nowaday readers there's also that window into a former time. Are the English still that way? Hmm...

About reading it on a tablet.

1. Yes.
2. I was okay with how it looked on the page. I understand it can be manipulated for font size, et cetera. A nice feature.
3. It was free!
4. So, I need to load other free items. Hopefully a thesaurus and a language dictionary. Easier to lug the tablet around than books.
5. I can see how it would be easy to read multiple books at the same time.

ME:

I'm wearing orange today. Yep. Yesterday was yellow.

I'm reading and getting back into writing and have thousands of photos to edit and post.

I've seen friends and one dear friend will be back in town soon.

Joyce got me out of town on Saturday. That was good in spite of my not feeling 100% (my lower back).

I'm surviving the heat. About 90º during the day and about 55º in the early morning. Dry. I know where to find air-conditioned cool if I need it.

My mood has improved but it still needs work.
51.716

© Copyright 2014 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/824428