*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/825201
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#825201 added August 13, 2014 at 3:02am
Restrictions: None
A Question of Worth
Today, the 12th of August, 2014, we learn of the death of Robin Williams. We are saddened because of the way he died -- he hanged himself.

We ask ourselves why? All the goodness, all the laughter he shared with others, all his life he shared with his family, all of these and more - what a waste! We question his action, hanging himself. It must have taken at least a number of minutes to die, to struggle for breath, to lose consciousness. Did Robin Williams commit suicide because he is crazy? Because only a crazed mind would go through a hanging.

We are sad because we are not quite sure why he killed himself. We hear of drugs, of alcoholism, of pain, of a life that is filled with struggle to keep sane. What is the purpose of all the laughter he shared with people? What is it that made him choose to end his life? Why? Why? Why?

It is such a cruel thing to do - not only to his family but a shameful act of betrayal to all of us who became his fans, and who adored him for his ability to make us laugh. We enjoyed him. We laughed with him. We shared the product of his mind. We loved him for what he was and not for what he became - a coward. Because killing himself was a most hideous act, a sure thing he had no talent at all, that what he was in life was nothing but a hypocrite, that he was a just a pretender, that he made us believe he was talented but in fact he was just a nobody pretending to be somebody.

Yes, we are saddened. We have been cheated. We have been looking up to someone we thought was a good person. We have been misled to adore him. We have been led to believe he was someone we could hold as a person whose intellect are worthy to be admired. We wasted our admiration and love to someone whose life was a waste!!!

Why Robin Williams? Did you think killing yourself would take away the bad taste in our mouth? Did you think it was clever to hang yourself so you can die? You are such a cruel individual. You made us believe you are good, you are the best among all those individuals in your field of work. Now it turns out you are a dummy, a mere pretender, a very sad person who is not worthy of admiration and love.

What a waste. Yes, Robin Williams, you are just a waste!!!!

© Copyright 2014 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/825201