*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/826790
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#826790 added September 1, 2014 at 3:04am
Restrictions: None
What Is It That Makes Us Happy?
One of the things that makes us happy is a celebration of a birthday. We love to remember our birth date, the day we became a person.

When we are reminded that we were a mere "twinkle" in the eye of either our father or mother, we tend to think of ourselves as products of misconception. The joke, of course, is on us -- because we began as nothing more than an idea. There is nothing wrong about an idea because it is the beginning of a good thing.

Like being born as a girl or a boy, and growing up to be an adult! And going to school and learning all the goodness of the world, goodness we take and use to guide us to become -- as much as possible - a perfect human being.

In a normal world, we are led to believe in the goodness of the heart; in the kindness of action, and in the completion of a plan. We start with an idea and we progress into a plan of action. In order for the plan of action to be completed, we must learn to obey the rules of action, to adhere to guidelines that would eventually lead us to a satisfactory conclusion of the plan.

The idea of the "twinkle" in the eye then becomes a person, a human with a heart, an individual with a sense of correctness, a "twinkle" of love that becomes a birthday celebrant.

Who among us will say that celebrating one's birthday is not a happy occasion?

Not I, said the celebrant!!!



© Copyright 2014 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/826790