*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/826880
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#826880 added September 2, 2014 at 12:31am
Restrictions: None
Happy 14th Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Writing.Com!

Wow, September 1st, 2014 -- Writing.Com turns 14 years old!
Let's let that soak in for a moment. FOURTEEN. That's one decade... plus four more years!

We are older than Facebook, have more years than Twitter and were here long before the first iPhone. And we are still going strong, better than ever, and enjoying every second of building this website to be the absolute best online writing community writers could imagine. Every year we hit a bigger milestone and it gives us goosebumps every single time.

We have some exciting site updates, a list of amazing community-run contests and activities, and an all-around wonderful week of festivities ahead!



*Balloonv* The Biggest Writer's Block Party EVER!
From September 1st through September 7th, Writing.Com is hosting the biggest online block party for writers of all interests and levels! Contests, activities, increased daily rewards, reviewing challenges and rewards, new releases, and a 10% back sale... don't miss a single thing at "Writing.Com Party Central 2023!!

         Party Central Signature


*Balloonv* NEW: One FREE Badge Every 30 Days!
Beginning September 1st until forever, every paid member can now send one free virtual Merit Badge every 30 days! Choose a member, choose a badge and send it. It's that easy. If you are eligible for a free badge at the time, the Writing.Com system will automatically know this and discount the badge you wish to send. (You can not defer the free badge; the system will always use the free one first when giving badges.)
         http://www.writing.com/main/badges

* Physical merit badges are not free and are the same additional cost.


*Balloonv* NEW: "Special Appreciation" Merit Badges!
We've added a new "Special Appreciation" Merit Badge into our shop for Preferred Authors, Moderators, Sr. Moderators and Staff. Each promoted member can send only their coordinating color of "Special Appreciation" badge, but the badges may be given out to ANY member on Writing.Com, regardless of the recipient's level. These badges can be found at the bottom of the merit badge shop under "WDC Official" Badges.
         http://www.writing.com/main/badges



*Balloonv* Costumicons Available!
Costumicon subscriptions are available for purchase! This subscription will last through 11:59pm on September 30th, 2014. Subscribe to or change your current costumicon from the "My Account" area or directly at:
          http://www.Writing.com/main/my_account/view/costumicons

*Gift2* NOTE: You can gift costumicons to your fellow members and friends! To gift a subscription, head to your My Gifts Points page:
          http://www.Writing.Com/main/my_gifts/tab/shop



Party Central Header: 10% Gift Points
For every order placed in "The Writing.Com Shop during September 1-7, 2014, we will give back to you 10% of your order's total in Gift Points!* Purchase a one-year Premium membership at the regular price and you will receive 139,950 in Gift Points. Buy a 3-month Upgraded membership, and you'll receive 19,950 back in Gift Points. Buy 1 million Gift Points, and you'll receive an extra 100,000! And if you order tangible items like mugs, t-shirts, journals and more, we'll even include your shipping in that 10% back. We're that excited to be turning 14!
* 10% back when paid by credit card, PayPal, check or money orders. Orders paid with Gift Points not included.



*Frog* NEW Emoticons!
We've designed some fun new emoticons to kick off your birthday week:

         *Web1**Web2*
         *Web3**Web4*
           *Spiderline*
           *Spiderline*
           *Spiderline*
           *Spider*

*Calculator* = {e:calculator}
*Frog* = {e:frog}
*Gavel* = {e:gavel}
*Horseshoe* = {e:horseshoe}
*Microscope* = {e:microscope}
*Palette* = {e:palette}
*Pig* = {e:pig}
*Scholar* = {e:scholar}

*Spider* = {e:spider}
*Spiderline* = {e:spiderline}
*Web1* = {e:web1}
*Web2* = {e:web2}
*Web3* = {e:web3}
*Web4* = {e:web4}

*Glasses* Watch "Site News & Announcements and "Writing.Com Party Central 2023! each day through September 7th for our daily new releases, which will open around Midnight (WdC time) each night. Keep your eye on the community newsfeed to see what surprises might pop up and be sure to add Writing.Com Support as a favorite so that you don't miss a thing!



*Heart* Thank YOU!
Wow, guys... has it hit you yet? 14 years. I know we are repeating ourselves, but we beyond proud of that number! This community, our incredible members, the atmosphere and camaraderie that we have here is unmatchable. It is a rare enough feat for any website to survive a year on the internet and HERE WE ARE. Thank you, writers. Thank you for being here. Thank you for allowing us to create this amazing place for you. We can't even begin to express how appreciative we are of your creativity, activity, interactions, and support.

We hope you have a great time celebrating with us this week. We look forward to seeing many of you around the site... invite every writer you know to come and join the party!


Cheers!
The StoryMistress and The StoryMaster

© Copyright 2014 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/826880