*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/830867
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#830867 added October 12, 2014 at 3:49am
Restrictions: None
A Work of Art
Writing is an art. It tells a story, paints a picture of the characters in the story, and gives meaning to the story.

A story is a recount of an idea that may have come from a dream, an event that happened, a thought that occurred in a flash. A story is written to tell the beginning of an idea, goes on to explain how the idea becomes alive, and finally completes the story by showing how the problem (in the idea) is solved.

A story is a painting when it shows the colorful life of the characters in the story, the dark side of the characters, the good side of the characters, and the unexpected solutions to the problems in the story.

A story gives meaning to the idea, expands the horizon of readers, allows readers to understand how the idea becomes reality, probably changes the opinion of readers as to the meaning of the story, and at some point, the story becomes a pleasure to read, an enjoyment in the purest sense.



© Copyright 2014 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/830867