*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/840004
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#840004 added January 31, 2015 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
Souper Bowl
         No, that's not a spelling error. Super Bowl Sunday is the annual Souper Bowl Day as well. Area Food Banks need canned food and volunteers. Donations of cans of food, or cases of canned food, or money to buy food from bulk stores are collected every Souper Bowl Day.

         We like to think of America as the land of plenty. Yet, there are still plenty of people who don't get enough to eat each day. Those who don't qualify for welfare or food stamps still need to eat. That includes the temporarily unemployed, the elderly, the homeless or people who are under employed but have special needs. They fall above the poverty line but don't have enough money for medicine, utilities, and food.

         Many people have too much pride to ask for help. They don't want to admit they can't make ends meet, or that the retirement funds have run out. It takes other people to ask for them. Teachers and school workers become aware that children aren't eating enough. Employers, church workers, neighbors have to urge people to go for help. The Food Bank is an excellent source for people to pick things they know how to cook.

         So if you're out and about this weekend, at the store, your club, or your church, be sure to make a donation to the Food Bank. Or you can mail a check to them. Support your own community so that no one goes hungry.

© Copyright 2015 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/840004