*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/842475
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#842475 added February 24, 2015 at 10:45pm
Restrictions: None
Oscars
         I didn't watch. I couldn't stand yet one more celebrity award show. I couldn't even watch the red carpet stuff beforehand. When you've seen a few shows of froufrou outfits and borrowed jewels and tuxes, you've seen enough. When you've seen a few low-cut dresses, side revelations, etc., you've seen enough. I'd rather watch "What Not To Wear" with everyday people and realistic clothing.

         Today the word was out that the viewership was down 16% from last year for the Oscars. One theory, on the radio at least, is that the films nominated were independent films that not many people had seen. Had the public voted instead of the Academy, there would be different winners, and perhaps more interest in the awards.

         I think they need to go a step further. These shows have been so edgy and over the top in the past, that they simply fail to entertain us any more. It's just more of the same old stuff, and who cares any way? The world is depressing and dangerous. Give us something that gives us hope, not self-centered accolades on rich people. They get their rewards at the box office and from the critics. Don't interrupt our regular programming for your hollow attempts to be amusing and meaningful.

© Copyright 2015 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/842475