*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/842996
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#842996 added March 1, 2015 at 11:44pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday TV
         Sunday night TV usually stinks. I have a book to read and some housekeeping, but tonight I stumbled upon two good movies back to back. I had to stand up and exercise during the commercials to keep the blood flowing.

         The first starred Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep. I can't believe I never heard of a movie starring the two of them. It's called Heartburn, and is based on a book by Nora Euphron. It's from 1986. I loved being reminded how the two actors looked almost 30 years ago. I wasn't overly satisfied with the storyline, but these actors can make anything interesting. As he has frequently done, he played a cad. The story ends when the wife leaves her cheating husband and takes the kids with her. When a movie starts out with a fairy tale romance and idyllic marriage, you know disaster is coming.

         The second movie was made in 1995 with Sandra Bullock, one of my favorites. This one was The Net. I remember hearing of this one, but never saw it, even on a rental or on TV. Despite its intricate details, this one was believable and entertaining. It seems so possible in today's world.

         When I was actually in 1995, I had little experience with a personal PC, or the Internet. I only heard about it, and worked on company systems. I even worked on an IBM system 3 with a big disc at one time. So the movie was showing cutting edge at that time. However, today, no one uses floppy discs. We're probably light years ahead in technology since then, but the concept of viruses is the same. And Sandra was brilliant in coming across as an everyday girl, but in great shape for running and escaping danger. There was always an element of suspense and a little fear.

         So I overdosed on TV tonight, but both movies were good, and I liked the actors involved.

© Copyright 2015 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/842996