*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/847448
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#847448 added April 20, 2015 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
April Showers
         The old quote is proving true this year. It looked okay the other day, and I drove to the nearest outgoing mailbox only to have sprinkles on my windshield before I started the journey back. I had planned to stop at the local park for a walk, only it was pouring by the time I got there. It had rained me out earlier in the week. Yesterday it was really hot, and my face was sunburned late in the afternoon in barely an hour. Today, it was spitting a little off and on, then the steady rains came. Now we're on flood watch until 6 am.

         Overall, it's been a rainy month, so I'm expecting to see some May flowers.(And more weeds.)

         We can choose to see the rainy season as something temporary, something to just get through until the flowers come. Or we can learn there is beauty in the rain.Does that sound corny enough? Yet so many good and true things do sound corny. We know the value of the rainfall, so we treasure when it comes. The sounds of the rain, the changing temperatures, the restorative posers can all be beautiful.

         Some should fall on California! A few weeks of steady, gentle rain would ease the conditions there, no doubt looking quite beautiful to farmers, politicians, and firefighters. People would grow weary after a few days, and forget how much they need it.

         I love the rain if I don't have to go anywhere. It's a great time to grab a book or start typing.


© Copyright 2015 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/847448