*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/855428-Park-Surprise
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#855428 added July 25, 2015 at 11:29pm
Restrictions: None
Park Surprise
         I had been walking 4 or 5 times a week in the park last spring. It was almost always full of people. After school got really busy with team sports, and even some older groups played softball in the day on Fridays. There would be kids on the playground, people in the dog park, and the lunch time crowd just sitting in their cars in the shade for a while before returning to work. Saturdays were the busiest with every ball field full.

         Well, I had a hip injury in June from yard work, so I cut down the walking. When I ventured out I kept to yard work for exercise where I could limp at my own pace without embarrassment. When I was better, the temperature and humidity were too much to back into the swing of it. Again, the yard work was the place to get sweaty and I could take breaks. So I haven't been to the park.

         Yesterday, I went to the park and walked for 40 minutes, mixing in some light running since the humidity is unusually low for this time of year. I didn't mind because hardly anyone was there. The tennis courts were empty and no on was on the ball fields. Today, a Saturday, I expected the usual crowd, but again I was the only one there. The tennis courts at the far end were being used. Some people were kayaking in the river. But I had the place to myself.

         I guess ball season is over. I still couldn't get up to the endurance I had just six weeks ago. I have to work my way back into it. Knowing there's a few weeks maybe of having it all to myself will help me get back into the rhythm of it.

© Copyright 2015 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/855428-Park-Surprise