*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/858214-Dental-Care
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#858214 added August 24, 2015 at 11:41am
Restrictions: None
Dental Care
         If you want to look as young as possible, the answer is not in make-up or the perfect ointments. It's good dental care. It's amazing in "before and after" photos how men and women look years younger, not to mention smarter and classier, after having some good dental work done.

         It starts when you're young. Your own dental hygiene is important, but the twice yearly visits to a dentist are essential. It will avoid many headaches later on. You have to plan for the costs unless you are filthy rich and never worry about paying for anything. But if your dentist tells you your teeth need something done, you better plan on doing it as soon as possible. A lengthy delay to save money can result in jaw bone changes, teeth shifting, etc.

         Dental insurance helps defray the cost of maintenance. Most employers offer it as a convenience. It's taken right out of your paycheck. They don't usually supplement the price like they do for medical. The key is to find a participating dentist. If you have a dentist you don't want to lose, find out what insurance plans he takes, then go to one of those insurance companies. If he doesn't process insurance or doesn't "participate", you need to decide if you can pay full price, or maybe you should change dentists after all. If you have insurance, get a list of participating dentists. Choose someone from that list, so that you will get the discount.

         Most insurance plans, with participating dentists, will save you money at the end of the year on cleaning your teeth twice, and a basic x-ray once a year. If you need extra x-rays, like for a toothache or accidental breaking, the insurance will only pay a portion; you pay the rest. If you need extensive work done, the insurance usually has a maximum. So if you need $4000 in work done, it might only cover $1800, including the basic cleaning.

         However, most dentists have information on finance companies that specialize in dental bills. You apply like any other finance company, make a down payment, then monthly payments. You can't get more credit until you're almost finished paying for that one. I don't usually favor loans, but your teeth are worth it. It might be difficult making payments now, but in the long run, you will be glad you made the sacrifice.

         If you had braces as a kid, you were fortunate. It's not too late, if your teeth are crooked. Other things that can be done include getting caps on teeth that are chipped or are too short in front. Don't smoke, so your teeth won't have to be whitened. If you have a tooth pulled, you usually have to wait a few months for healing before getting a replacement, but don't wait too long. Plan on getting a bridge or an implant within 3 to six months. An implant requires a healthy jawbone. A bridge will require work on the tooth behind and in front of the missing tooth. Dentures are a little cheaper, but don't always fit right and can cause multiple problems over time. All will help keep your jaw lined up, help you eat, and make your smile look brighter.

         A good dentist can do more for your youthful appearance than any make-up artist. So take care of your teeth. They could last your whole long life. They affect your overall health and your good looks. The way people perceive you can also be affected by the way your teeth look.

© Copyright 2015 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/858214-Dental-Care