*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/action/view/message_id/2640975
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1786069
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 28, 2014 at 9:46pm
PROMPT for MARCH 1, 2014
by Emily
Hello Bloggers!

*much useful information ahead - please read in full*

March really snuck up on us, didn't it?! *Shock* Tomorrow is March first, and I'm sending out this first prompt email early to the whole group because there is still time to sign up! We currently have five people signed up for the competition, so if you are interested in joining, we would be more than thrilled to have you *Bigsmile* Just pop on over to the forum ("30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS) and post a note with a link to your blog so I can see you *Smile* Also, review the challenge if you have not done so already, and privately email me three prompts to replenish the "Challenge War Chest." AND if anyone is interested in judging, please feel free to email me as well. Currently, we have Wordsmitty ✍️ signed on to help, but we still could use a couple more. (There's a MB at the end if you stick it out *Wink* )

A couple housekeeping things that you all should be aware of:

Take a moment to "favorite" the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS forum if you have not done so already. It is a great way to see when other competitors post or when I need to make quick announcements to the group.

Did you all know that our forum (ID#1786069) has an "item alias"? This means you can type "30dbc" instead of all those numbers! So this: {item:30dbc} would turn into this: "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. It's an easier way to link the challenge forum to your friends if they are interested. *Cool*

As most of you know, we are always working to replenish the supply of funds for our challenge. In order to support the prize pool for the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, we need to be constantly bringing in GPs, so every little bit helps *Smile* Special thanks to the "Blog Mob" for taking Brother Nature 's infamous Pan troglodytes Andre hostage during the February Unofficial month all in the name of charity. *Bigsmile* *Heart*

The following are the categories you will be judged on:

Following the Prompt
Timeliness
Commenting on Others
Engaging/Interesting/Entertaining/Original/Thoughtful
Emotion
Personal
Grammar/Mechanics
Style/Presentation

As you can see, one of those categories is "Commenting." It is required that you comment on your peer's blogs and interact with the competition. The general rule is 1:1, ie, write one comment each day you write an entry. It is NOT necessary to comment on all the blogs every day, but if the judges notice you taking the initiative to really read the entries of your fellow competitors, extra points may be given and this will greatly improve your overall score at the end of the month. Keep in mind though that one, detailed comment that clearly shows you read the entry is far better than ten, one line comments.

*Star* LASTLY (I promise), there has been an alteration to the weekly themes of prompts! In previous months, Sunday was deemed, "The Sunday Review," but this has been modified based on feedback from long-time 30DBC supporters. Now, it will be called, "The Sunday News," and challengers will be asked to provide their thoughts on a newspaper/magazine article or a radio/television news story from the preceding week. In tandem with that, challengers may feel free to blog about their week in general as well as the entries of their fellow challengers. Challengers will no longer be required to include a link to their favorite entry from their peers, though doing so will only prove to me that you are paying attention to the competition *Wink*

Okay! That should be about it *Cool* Last month's winners: I have emailed you privately about your prizes, so please get back to me as soon as possible about that. Wouldn't want you to have to wait on your prize any longer than you have already had to. *Bigsmile*

And now! Your first prompt!:

*Starg* *Starb* *Starg* *Starb* *Starg* *Starb* *Starg* *Starb* *Starg* *Starb* *Starg* *Starb* *Starg* *Starb* *Starg* *Starb* *Starg*

It's Creation Saturday!

Prompt for March 1, 2014

Write for fifteen minutes using "I used to think..." as your starter.

*Starg* *Starb* *Starg* *Starb* *Starg* *Starb* *Starg* *Starb* *Starg* *Starb* *Starg* *Starb* *Starg* *Starb* *Starg* *Starb* *Starg*

And as always, Blog On!
Emily

** Image ID #1905784 Unavailable **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
PROMPT for MARCH 1, 2014 · 02-28-14 9:46pm
by Emily
Re: PROMPT for MARCH 1, 2014 · 02-28-14 10:42pm
by Wordsmitty ✍️
Re: Re: PROMPT for MARCH 1, 2014 · 03-01-14 11:13am
by Fivesixer
Re: PROMPT for MARCH 1, 2014 · 03-01-14 3:23pm
by Moody Blue: Needs an Upgrade
Re: Re: PROMPT for MARCH 1, 2014 · 03-01-14 3:45pm
by Emily
Re: Re: Re: PROMPT for MARCH 1, 2014 · 03-01-14 4:11pm
by Moody Blue: Needs an Upgrade
Re: PROMPT for MARCH 1, 2014 · 03-01-14 6:35pm
by Angel_Eyes

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Fivesixer.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/action/view/message_id/2640975