*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2337864
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #1814391
Multiple, Big Prizes plus PUBLICATION. Every entry wins Gift Points. JULY Prompt up!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 22, 2011 at 7:22pm
My Entry
I excused myself from the table. The restroom was fancy, granite
counters, marble floors, the whole nine yards. You usually didn't see
this in Chinese restaurants, but then again this wasn't just any
restaurant. All of the hot shots in town came here.

I looked in the mirror, my eyes still shone with moisture. Mr. Ajax,
who now sat at our table, had planned on just dumping me off at my
hotel, but oh what was the fun in that. A little eye moisture, a little
pouting and ten minutes later I had him bringing me to dinner. I
smeared a new layer of bright red lipstick on my full, plump lips before walking back out.

I sat and watched his eyes widen a little as the skirt of my dress hiked up a little. The bill sat in front of him already and my fortune cookie sat next to my drink. I batted my eyelashes and sent a flirtatious smile at him before turning my attention to my fortune cookie.

My heart started to beat faster, louder. I could hear it ringing in my ears. The words on that slip of paper would be burned in my mind forever, "Your life is in danger from someone in this room. Say nothing to anyone. Repeat: say nothing. But also, someone in this room could save you."

"What's it say?" Dale Ajax asked.

"Oh nothing," I smiled at him and looked around the room. I had to know who was doing all of this.

I was greeted by a whole slew of suspects. I knew most of them, I had been with them before, though it was hard to tell them all apart with their perfectly crisp and perfectly creased suits. Just about every one of them had fancy silk ties and Italian leather shoes. They weren't the only ones in the room. Some of them were meeting with the smart docotors they had under their thumb and the rest were meeting with there women. Is that what I looked like? Short clothes, long legs and horrible make-up? Certainly not, but if it was I understood why someone would want to kill me.

There, he must be the one who can save me, I thought as I spotted the only man sitting alone. He was in the corner of the room. He had on a pair of jeans and a brand name polo shirt. And yes, Italian leather shoes. He looked my way and I batted those wonderful sweeping eyelashes at him. He winked at me, I knew it.

I felt better now, or did I. Someone was going for my life. I assume I hurt him in the past. I ruined men for fun, and all of the men in this room had been in my sights at one time. The man in the corner was in them now. Those men I destroyed deserved it though, he had no right to come after my life!

-Air's Spirit
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My Entry · 12-22-11 7:22pm
by CapricornWriter16
Re: My Entry · 01-05-12 10:27am
by Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST
Re: Re: My Entry · 01-10-12 6:55pm
by CapricornWriter16

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2337864