Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2489095
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Experience · #1426495
What are you reading?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 30, 2013 at 8:09pm
Holy Bible written by God intoxicated humans
by Past Member 'richardhead'
*Dollar* 100 GPs were sent to § Forsaken § with this post.
It's a quite enjoyable book. I have several that are written or translated differently and at different times historically. I prefer The King James Version.
I use Strong's Concordance when I feel like I might be able to get my worldly and religious mind around and into spiritual concepts if I could get a grip on a word that seems to not fit or appears to be in contradiction to the obvious and traditional interpretation it is surrounded by.
If I'm still searching for an illusive concept I go to my collection of Clarks Commentary. If one must use commentary, I recommend Clark. He has no agenda or doctrine he is promoting as does Scofield. If I could be granted an unselfish wish, it would be that no one read any of the footnotes or commentary written by the so-called scholars Scofield and Moody put together. These two men in publishing en masse, The New Scofield Reference Bible, almost single handedly have reduced the power and authority of God's Word to be of no effect. Not only did they promote a false doctrine labeled The Rapture of the Church but the scholars interpretation of important scripture is false. The scholars make claim that if John the Baptizer had have done his job more correctly and convincingly preaching Christ as the Jewish prophesied Messiah then we wouldn't be here now awaiting a second advent, second coming coming, rapture etc! The two men in white who asked the disciples when Jesus was ascending why they were looking up there? They said were just two wise men.
In short don't read other people's interpretation unless you trust them and you need a little push. Ask the comforter, your intercessor to help you learn this new language that is part of the undergoing to overcoming. I promise you if you do you will receive revelation.
I offer whatever answers I may have been given to anyone who asks. If I don't have an answer to any Bible question, I do know where to find, not an answer but the answer for today. Call it today's answer.
The reason I am still fascinated with this Living Word is in John 1:1-5. It transforms, this creative Word. I am not doing anything but diligently seeking Him in His Word. I can read the same scripture day after day and as my emphasis and focus is changed, I am changed and the Word changes by my perception being altered.
I am considered well read and have been called, " A Book Worm", at times. This is the only book I have ever come in contact with that re-writes itself as if pages were torn out in the night and replaced, mysteriously, and unnoticeable but so obviously a different context and meaning that I consider this a miracle.
My hope is that more Christ searchers or followers, discard traditional doctrines and read each and every day and page as if never read before. This is called free course. I compare it to an erased chalk-board. It is comparable to being without preconception, opinion, dogma/doctrine , totally open like a baby who first opens his/her eyes and sees without definition. Nothing has been defined yet by parents teaching, peers, pain, experience, language, etc. I have adventures when I read and experience insights, revelation, new feelings and emotions I've never come across. It's like a treasure hunt or an archaeological dig, finding rare, jewels, artifacts, ancient and priceless! Read John 1:1-5. Understand it and then try an experiment: Tell yourself that for this read of say, The Book of Hebrews, you're going to read it as if you have never read it before and believe that what you are reading is a Living Word. See what happens. Marlin Spike ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

{1891401 1838696}
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Holy Bible written by God intoxicated humans · 01-30-13 8:09pm
by Past Member 'richardhead'
Re: Holy Bible written by God intoxicated humans · 02-25-13 8:03am
by 💟Crissy~Hijacked

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, § Forsaken §.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2489095