*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2492762
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Experience · #1426495
What are you reading?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 8, 2013 at 7:17pm
I an reading this book and another I'll save for now.
*Dollar* 300 GPs were sent to § Forsaken § with this post.

In my spare time, I sit in our library surrounded by books several are over 100 years old and others are close. I just picked up one of my favorites, Inside the Brain.It is by Ronald Kotulak. "It is based on the Pulitzer-Prize series that is profoundly changing our understanding of early chilhood development"

I thought it understandable for the most part because I like to read about brain function and behaviour. I have a special interest because I am Bipolar. One of the chapters , chapter six, deals with how human beings are learning more about brain chemistry like seratonan and the affects this has on violence.

The study envolved genetic defects and how threatening experiences causes a trigger of seratononin and noreadenaline, which keeps the brain chemistry balanced and the subject will lead a normal life. Those who have those genetic defects, when exposed to povery, violence, murder, rape and other serious activities form a personality opposite the other group with the normal chemistry of the brain. A few had a chemical imbalance, but did not affect behavior. As we already know, children and adults with such chemical imbalances make good productive lives for themselve. So it is nature vs nurture. Who really knows.

All of this is not new to any of us now. But the the book is hard to put down. I am interested in neurotransmitters and also the affect the amigdula has on our thoughts, decisions and actions. I have read better books like the Lies my Teacher Told me.
and other truthful history books.
thankyou for reading this. I have to take my meds and go to bed.
Sinderely,
Lesley Scott
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
I an reading this book and another I'll save for now. · 02-08-13 7:17pm
by Lesley Scott

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, § Forsaken §.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2492762