*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2505610
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Contest · #1092898
A monthly contest that focuses on Genre writing. CLOSED for the Summer.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 18, 2013 at 8:31pm
Entry: fantasy. Everything Ends Now.
I opened my eyes to a blue sky and the clamor of war. My body was still sore, and I had something clenched in my hand that was glowing green. I saw people fighting and general anarchy as I sat up and rubbed my eyes.
My boyfriend was kneeling next to me, his head turned to where Iaen and a titan were fighting.
“Hey, Luke.” I said hoarsely. Luke spun around and broke into a wide, relieved smile. He immediately folded his arms around me and gave me a bone crushing hug.
“Thank the gods.” he said, kissing me on the forehead. I nuzzled my face into his warm shoulder, relishing every second that I had with him.
“Luke...” I said, looking up into Luke's deep blue eyes. “I have to fight her.”
Luke's face immediately crinkled into a completely readable expression that told me he didn't want me to go.
“Luke, where is she? I have to fight her.”
“Laura, please-”
“Luke.”
Luke hesitated, seeming to be fighting a battle inside himself.
“Please.” I whispered, tugging on his shirt.
Luke sighed and closed his eyes, and I knew I had won. I felt my heartbeat speeding up in anticipation of what was to come.
“I'll take you to her. Laura, you have to win.”
“I'll try.” I replied. Luke grasped my shoulders and stared into my eyes.
“Laura-”
“I won't promise what I can't be sure of. I won't lie to you.” I said, taking one of Luke's hands and squeezing it. “I will fight as hard as I can to come back to you. I can promise that.”
Luke nodded with difficulty, taking a calming breath. “I will rejoin the battle.” he said, standing. He offered a hand to me. I took it.
“Don't do anything stupid, okay?” I said.
“I'll try.” Luke said with a mischievous smile. We walked towards an area of calm. I knew immediately that had to be held by only the Lady. We were together as we went towards my fate, hand in hand.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Entry: fantasy. Everything Ends Now. · 03-18-13 8:31pm
by Emma McCarry

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, StephBee.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2505610