SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2511102
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Experience · #1426495
What are you reading?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 2, 2013 at 9:21pm
Rowena Cory Dannielles
I recently found an author I had not read before; her name is Rowena Cory Daniells. She writes fantasy and she has two series out so far. The first series I read was King Rolen's Kin, which include 3 books and the other series is called The Outcasts trilogy. I absolutely loved these books! She is great at character building, plot, and story building. You really get a sense of the characters. It is easy to care about what happens to them. These books are also action packed, fast-paced; you don't want to put them down. I will say that the only negative about the series was in the last book of each, where it seemed like her pacing did get slightly off near the last quarter of the book. With that being said, I would still go back and read these books again and I definitely still recommend them! There is also going to be a fourth book to King Rolen's Kin out December of this year; she is also writing another trilogy in the Outcast series that will pick up where the third book left off (with the same characters). Additionally, there is also a previous book about the race in the Outcast series, however it is written about 600 years into the future. I have not read that one and did not even know about it until after I read all of these books; so you do not have to read it at all to understand these ones.
Anyway, I hope fantasy readers check out these books. They are awesome!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Rowena Cory Dannielles · 04-02-13 9:21pm
by Dusty scribe

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, § Forsaken §.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2511102