(110)
Rated: E · Message Forum · Inspirational · #1230549
Honoring the WDC members who have passed away
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 15, 2014 at 7:42pm
Edited: April 15, 2014 at 8:15pm
Words from Coffee
I never knew Coffee in the ways that many of you did. However, on December 10, 2010, Coffee paid me a visit, and reviewed one of my poems, for which I'm well known for- "Oh the Cost- which is about the sacrifice that those in the military make. Now, since the review is Private, I can't just give you guys the link to it- instead, I'll Copy-Paste the review, so all can know what he said to me.

I was rummaging through your work and found ‘Oh The Cost’. I’m going to give you 5 stars because the content is so ‘right on’. I was pleasantly surprised to read such words coming from someone as young as you are (yeah I read your bio). So often…I find the younger generation today have absolutely no respect or ever give any thought to the men and women that have laid down their lives in the cause of freedom.

And you say you cried as you wrote it. So the Big Bad Wolf has a soft side. Not a thing wrong with that. I think a writer should have ‘a soft side’…helps to write from the heart when we do.

If I may…I will ramble on here a bit. I served with the 173rd Airborne Brigade in Nam. Years later…my son went off as a Marine and took part in the Gulf War. I guess you could say…we know the ‘cost’.

If you have the desire and the time…you might want to read a story of mine. It is written with some truth and a little fiction thrown in. I still have the letter. It still has smudges of finger prints in clay around the edges. The prints were made by a good friend of mine. His name is on the ‘Wall’. I miss him…even after all these years.

The Clay Stained Letter  (13+)
Death in Vietnam and a promise made
#1351951 by Coffeebean

Anyway…from all those that can’t say ‘thank you’ for your words…I will.

Thank you…Big Bad Wolf.

Coffeebean

Like many, Coffee was touched by my poem, which was just something that I slapped together during a half hour of free time while at collage.

Coffee- enjoy a cup. *Coffee*

P.S. If you do want to see the link to the review, here it is, but like I said, the Review was Private. Review of "Oh the Cost"

GROUP
Non-Humans R Us  (13+)
Anthros and monsters discussion group.
#1625765 by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1819878 by Not Available.
Save My Membership Auction - Closed  (E)
Help me to save my Membership, and various Groups as well. Closed
#1825777 by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping
 Invalid Item 
#1886090 by Not Available.
 Invalid Item 
#1860655 by Not Available.
 Invalid Item 
#1886215 by Not Available.
 Invalid Item 
#1833239 by Not Available.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/alockwood1
My Signiture, a gift from a friend.
Signiture image
Another signiture image
Writing.Com Signature Image for Upgraded Registered Authors!
Merit Badge in Happy Anniversary
[Click For More Info]

Happy 13th Anniversary!  That's really awesome that you're still around!  *^*Heart*^* Merit Badge in Mystery
[Click For More Info]

Given in honor of your portrayal of Sevald the Armor Monster this year at  [Link To Item #2299240] ! Thank you for attending!  Merit Badge in Forum Posts 7
[Click For More Info]

Awarded for  interacting with our community within message forums every day for a week . This badge can be earned over and over again.  Each of these badges adds one (1) Community Recognition!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Words from Coffee · 04-15-14 7:42pm
by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, iKïyå§ama-BacktoWonderland!.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2662146