*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2662607
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(363)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #303715
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 17, 2014 at 2:53am
Re: Re: How do I start writing my story?
by JaceCar
honeymoon48, are you asking about how to get a document created here so you can write down your story? Or, are you asking how you get the words to start flowing out of your head?

Two very different questions. The latter (about how to get words to flow) was answered by Dawn Embers -- though there are lots more ways to get you motivated. If that, indeed, is your problem -- let us know, and we'll point you in the direction of some people who can help.

The former question -- how do you create a document in your portfolio so that you can edit and write into, should be covered in "Writing.Com 101 but there is a lot of information to sort through there.

Here is the easiest way to get a document started:

On the right-hand column, scroll down until you see a section labeled "Create". Under it, are several document types followed by the letter "Q". Click on "Static Item" and answer the questions and prompts. More specifically:

In the first section, you need to give it a name and a short description.

In the second section, you need to set a content rating. If you are just rambling, set it to "E" or "ASR". If you are cursing, or talking about blood and gore and guts, you should set it to "18+" or even higher. Don't panic if you don't get it right -- you can change it later.

In the third section, you can pick a genre and keywords to help people find your item, or just leave it blank for now.

The only other section you NEED to fill in is the body -- this is the place where you can tell your story.

All the way at the bottom is a place to "Save and View" your item so that it stays in your portfolio (similar to saving a Word document on a PC). It will then display how your item looks to anyone who reads it. You can edit it again or leave it alone. There are no restrictions on the number of times you can edit your work.

Does this help a bit more, or were you looking for some other kind of "getting started" help?

>jace
JaceCar
neophyte novelist

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
How do I start writing my story? · 04-17-14 1:27am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: How do I start writing my story? · 04-17-14 2:17am
by Dawn Embers
*Star* Re: Re: How do I start writing my story? · 04-17-14 2:53am
by JaceCar

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2662607