*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2724284
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(363)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #303715
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 27, 2014 at 11:10pm
Re: Case colors info and permissions to private info
Greetings!

While the official documentation regarding access can be found in "Access Restrictions, I'll go ahead and address some of the concerns raised here.

When it comes to private items, some staff members can see them but will only access them in specific scenarios (e.g. if there's a coding issue that is causing the item to not format correctly). I can't speak for SM on how exactly this process works, but it's not something that happens very often. As for your private mailing address, that's something else only staff can see, provided you entered that information at any point. That's voluntary and tends to be most commonly applied to the wish list function.

If you pay for anything on the site electronically, the address and credit card/bank account information is processed by PayPal. No one on WDC will see information entered on PayPal. On a similar note, no one on WDC has access to any offsite email accounts or your ISP. Emails can be sent offsite, but that's generally reserved for promotions and any time you request a notification to be sent to another email address. There's not really a way for anyone on the site to access your ISP. Your IP address may be provided, but even in that case only staff has access to that information. Likewise, IP addresses do bounce around, so yours can change at any time.

Your very last question is addressed in "Content Rating System (CRS), specifically, "If the Writing.Com Staff or Moderators feel that an item is inappropriately rated as defined by our guidelines, we will adjust the rating as we see fit." In regards to the "rights" of your account versus the authority of the moderators, I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that. There are different features and opportunities available to various case colors (e.g. moderators have the opportunity to edit WDC newsletters if they choose), but calling something a "right" in this context is a little misleading/ambiguous.

Please let us know if further clarification is needed. Also, for future inquiries that aren't necessarily technical (i.e. a site function not working correctly), you may find "Non-Technical Support Forum [13+] a better place to post your questions.

Fish rule!

*Gift3**Gift4* Merit Badge in Creativity
[Click For More Info]

For your creativity in choosing the 2008 Halloween Handle, Elisa: Stik-or-Treat, that creates “giggles, ahhhh’s, or an uttered wish I’d thought of that.” *^*Smile*^*

An award from  [Link To Item #1485641]  just because you made me giggle!

P.S.  [Link To User mhicks]  discovered and nominated you in the forum. *^*Delight*^*    
*Gift4**Gift3*

For all your quirky needs, stop by the "Gift Stop [ASR]
MESSAGE THREAD
Case colors info and permissions to private info · 08-27-14 10:17pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Case colors info and permissions to private info · 08-27-14 11:10pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
Re: Case colors info and permissions to private info · 08-28-14 9:10am
by Crys-not really here

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2724284