*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2752095
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(363)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #303715
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 23, 2014 at 12:45pm
Cannot find Manage Newsletters or Manage Signiture
For the life of me, these options are not on my options page...
According to the directions for creating a signature this is what I should see:

Manage Newsletter Subscriptions: This page contains check boxes next to each of the official Newsletters published weekly by Writing.Com. Checking the box and then the submit button will subscribe you to each newsletter, which is delivered to your inbox automatically every week. To unsubscribe from a newsletter, just uncheck the box and click the submit button again. For more information on newsletters, please check out: "Writing.Com Newsletters" .
Manage Signature(s): This page allows you to manage your signatures. By default, every member can create one signature to be automatically placed in emails and forum posts. Signatures are limited to 500 characters in length, but can include text and WritingML.

This is what I DO see:

[Creative Writing / Writer / Writers] Notification Options [Writers / Writer / Creative Writing]
Blog/Photo Comment Notifications:
This setting allows you to completely disable or set the checkbox's default setting in regards to receiving notifications when someone comments on a blog or photo that you have also left a comment on.

Notebook & Updates Reply Notifications:
This setting allows you to set the checkbox's default setting in regards to receiving notifications when someone replies to your notebook posts.

New Email Notifications to Offsite Email:
Writing.Com will email your offsite email address when you've received new emails based on this preference. The number of days in this setting refers to the amount of time since you were last seen on the site. To disable this feature, select "Don't Notify Me".

Review Notifications to Offsite Email:
Writing.Com will email your offsite email address when you receive a new review based on this preference. The number of days in this setting refers to the amount of time since you were last seen on the site. To disable this feature, select "Don't Notify Me".

And this is what I see under Other Options
Login Validator [BETA]:

This setting allows you to set whether our new system to validate that you're logged in before submitting to the site is active. If you're found to be logged out, you'll be prompted to login before continuing, saving you from lost work! Currently implemented the following area(s): Reviews ... and More to Come!

Tool Links New Tab/Window:
This setting allows you to set whether clicking on item tool links, such as 'Edit' and 'Delete', will open into a new tab/window or the current window.
Public Review Checkbox Default:
This setting allows you to set the public review checkbox's default setting.

Review Contest Entry Checkbox Default:

This setting allows you to set the review contest entry checkbox's default setting.

Basic Spam Filtering:
Writing.Com has a basic spam filter in development. It looks for the most common subject lines and from addresses that are ALWAYS spam and removes them. This filter works "on the fly" meaning that it only parses the spam as it displays your email listing to you. By default, the basic spam filter is ON.

Deny Item Transfers:
Members can transfer items from one portfolio to another using the "Transfer Item to Another Member" area linked from the "My Account" page. Item transfers do not require acceptance by the receiving account. This setting allows you to automatically deny any incoming item transfers from other members.

Clearly I'm missing something, but darned if I can find it. Thanks!

Stay Logged In (Keep Cookie):
This setting allows you to control how long your web browser will remember your Writing.Com login session. Our default is 365 days. If you are often on a public computer, you may want to set a shorter window. You will need to log out and then back in for changes to this setting to take effect.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Cannot find Manage Newsletters or Manage Signiture · 10-23-14 12:45pm
by MerryAntique
Re: Cannot find Manage Newsletters or Manage Signiture · 10-23-14 12:53pm
by Shaye
Re: Re: Cannot find Manage Newsletters or Manage Signiture · 10-23-14 1:03pm
by MerryAntique

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2752095