*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2803803
by Monty
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Military · #423698
Of course there's a Veterans Day - EVERY DAY!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 17, 2015 at 5:46pm
A soldiers gathering strength before battle. Bless you all.
by A Non-Existent User
*Dollar* 200 GPs were sent to COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME with this post.
Pendulums Prayer

I want to know that age again, when I was just a boy of ten. When hide and seek was played for kicks, and war a game in woods with sticks.
Until the mist of Hunting Hush, came scouting over rock and brush, as fog to silence life and leaves, for giants reaching through the trees.
They hungered for a tender treat, that only children fear they’ll meet, forcing us to change our form, to woodland creatures long adorned.
Then morning rays as gilded swords, battled back the crawling hoards, that crept past sentries high above, when day slipped on its sleeping glove.
It seems nine lives as least since then, when I was just a boy of ten. I pray you’ll take me back again, at least nine lives for memories then.
For now the fog betrays my trust, as gods anoint the Hunting Hush, to lead deaths woe across our lands, with hidden foe ten times our hands.
Our fields of youth are burned to seed, where laughter bloomed to honor creed. The way back home is blocked by man, who counts our breaths with falling sand.
Will the watchers come at last, and arm the keeps of castles past, to crush the evil in mans soul, that blackens more than once was whole.
But now I . . . feel the breeze before the storm, from our forefathers, freedom born. They whisper hope to fear not son, for, fear engaged will turn and run.
So let this day begin with rain, to wash the earth of wound and pain. And heed the warning as foretold, by mother bears in dens of old.
For we’ll not sleep – we’ve will to fight and raise our brothers fallen light, to gather strength through steps of hell – for one last swing at freedoms bell.
Then let the robe and misty vale, decide whose song will sing this tale, as weathered peace recording feats, beyond the years of painted streets.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
A soldiers gathering strength before battle. Bless you all. · 03-17-15 5:46pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: A soldiers gathering strength before battle. Bless yo... · 03-28-15 2:27pm
by COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME
Re: Re: A soldiers gathering strength before battle. Bles... · 03-28-15 7:03pm
by Specter
Re: Re: Re: A soldiers gathering strength before battle. ... · 03-28-15 8:32pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Monty.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2803803