*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2933236
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(363)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #303715
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 6, 2016 at 11:19pm
Re: pages are loading extremely slow
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
StoryMaster's comment on this newsfeed post explains what information he needs to be able to look into what's causing slow page loads. "Note: Is it just me, or are other people here having dif..."

Having very specific times it occurs and for how long would be the best information to help me look into it. "Sometimes" or "earlier today" and things like that don't give me really anything to go on. We have all sorts of logs that I can look at to see if and where a problem is ... but I need some more specific stuff than what I've gotten so far information wise.

Anyone who has some problems like this should start writing down start times and end times (or at least the start time if you give up and go eat lunch instead of waiting for it to resolve).

Certainly having some concrete data to look at could lead to a solution -- which would be better than just leaving people hanging with "well, sorry about that" from me. Wink

Thanks! Smile

If a page takes a long time to load, you can check how much time it took the site to process the request by looking at the bottom of the page where it says

Generated in #.## seconds at HH:MMa/pm on Mmm DD, YYYY.

Normally page times range from 1 to 6 seconds, although there are certain page requests that can take significantly longer.

If you're getting a page time in seconds and it's taking minutes to show up on your computer screen, then the problem is either the internet, your provider, or your computer.

Hope that helps.

*Snow2* *Snow2* *Snow2* Northernwrites___*Pencil*

~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~ ~~Image #603504 Sharing Restricted~~
MESSAGE THREAD
pages are loading extremely slow · 02-06-16 10:43pm
by Lyn's a sly fox
*Star* Re: pages are loading extremely slow · 02-06-16 11:19pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: pages are loading extremely slow · 02-06-16 11:28pm
by Lyn's a sly fox
Re: Re: pages are loading extremely slow · 02-06-16 11:36pm
by Lyn's a sly fox

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2933236