<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 24, 2016 at 12:57pm
Edited: May 24, 2016 at 1:26pm
*Vine2**Poseyp**Vine1*If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I’d walk right up to Heaven
And bring you home again.*Vine2**Poseyp**Vine1*

I met Jen when she reviewed my novel. We talked back and forth on what she thought would make my novel better. I started out where my character was fifteen in chapter one. Chapter two was five years later, and I had my character move in with a man who was helping her and keeping her safe from a murderer. She thought this was a big no, she would never let any of her daughters move in with a guy at fifteen and gave me a thorough scolding for doing so. Make her move in with her mom was her advice. I mentioned this was five years later, and my character is twenty now. I went back and made it clearer. She felt better.

I e-mailed her mentioning she must love her three children a whole lot to scold someone she hardly knew on how she writes her novel. She wrote, "I have a 18yr old,15yr old and 12yr old and I know that there is no way my kids are enrolling in a school without me or having this guy just show up in my house lol plus mine sure as heck are not driving mustangs but hey, some parents might. Just my thoughts on the age thing. !Ha, ha."

We communicated back and forth as she read my eight chapters. She gave me details about her children, how much she missed her dad, and how she and her mother were not close. Afterwards we would keep in touch now and then. I can see how so many of us loved her and will miss her. She was one terrific lady that lit up my life.

RIP Jen. *Tulipr*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Jen · 05-24-16 12:57pm
by Jeannie Cheering for Martel

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2970790