*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2982930
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #710633
Members help other members with non-technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 28, 2016 at 7:55am
Re: Before I start suggesting?
Thanks for you answer, I just wanted to know for sure that I was not mistaken and that there are not any column or margin formatting options in the WdC BLOG pages.

After participating in a recent blog contest, I was looking into BLOGs and what makes them successful. The number one theme in every "How to" starts with the same advice, "Your BLOG must be easy to read!" Additionally, every successful BLOG example I looked at, followed the "industry standard" of two column formatting. (And used a broad definition of successful, meaning a site with more than a hundred views,) Currently, our BLOG pages are anything but easy to read!

I firmly believe that without this option Wdc Blogging will never be successful nor followed outside of the small four or five person clicks we all belong to within the WDC community.

Don't get me wrong; I know we all have larger numbers of people that we interact with (sometimes daily), but it is exceedingly rare that out BLOGs are followed with anyone regularity. I believe that it is as much or more because of formatting than it is content. Though I will admit that I do not find much interest in prompt based and journal style BLOG entries worth reading.

I find it interesting that most all of the more gifted and prolific writers here on WDC have BLOGs and websites outside of WdC. It makes me wonder why I am one of the nineteen out of 1.2 million WdC members that pay for a premium plus account that doesn't provide the necessary industry formatting standards.

I will compose my appeal and rationale for including this option in future upgrades in more detail and place it in a suggestion box bid.
MESSAGE THREAD
Before I start suggesting? · 06-27-16 8:25am
by Joey's Spring has Sprung
Re: Before I start suggesting? · 06-27-16 1:26pm
by Amyaurora
Re: Before I start suggesting? · 06-27-16 5:10pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
*Star* Re: Before I start suggesting? · 06-28-16 7:55am
by Joey's Spring has Sprung
Re: Re: Before I start suggesting? · 06-28-16 3:54pm
by Amyaurora
Re: Re: Before I start suggesting? · 06-28-16 4:12pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Before I start suggesting? · 06-28-16 5:14pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2982930