*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2983131
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #710633
Members help other members with non-technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 28, 2016 at 4:12pm
Edited: June 28, 2016 at 4:13pm
Re: Re: Before I start suggesting?
Greets,

Well.... My 2 cents on this:

Blogging and having a "successful blog" -- as in one that makes money -- are totally different things.

"Quite a lot of them continue to exist online but are in fact abandoned by the user only after a few weeks or months. One infographic (How Many Blogs are on the Internet) puts the figure at 152 million blogs for year 2013. Another source (Number of blogs world from 2006 to 2011."
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how...

I do appreciate what you're saying... but the format of the blog itself doesn't necessarily relate to it's success. There's so much more than that. Of course one of the biggest issues is finding and maintaining an audience but I'm not going to get into any of that. *Smile*

Writing.Com's blog platform was never intended (and still is not intended) to compete with free services like Blogger (by Google) or the like, that "cater to people who think they'll have a successful blog". Separate to the above quotation, Blogger itself is estimated to host around 44 million blogs. We can guesstimate that not even a noticeable % of those would be considered "successful" by many monetary or viewership metrics. *Wink*

As for the bloggers who do have blogs outside of WDC... I wonder how many of them would call them "successful" and by what metrics they consider them. I stop over to some from time to time only to find they have very few, if any, comments, likes or shares on these outside blogs.

"Successful" outside blogs having to allow for commenters from non members. And so most "non-WDC" blogs fight with comment spammers all the time. It's not something we really want to deal with here.

Our Writing.Com blogging system was and is here for far more Writing.Com community oriented reasons. It has not been our goal to provide "publishing platforms" of any kind for members. We're a social network with a focus on writers and writing within our own community. *Thumbsup*

Best,
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Appreciation
[Click For More Info]

Appreciation for not only my recent promotion, but for everything you do for all of here at WDC!
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
Before I start suggesting? · 06-27-16 8:25am
by Joey's Spring has Sprung
Re: Before I start suggesting? · 06-27-16 1:26pm
by Amyaurora
Re: Before I start suggesting? · 06-27-16 5:10pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Before I start suggesting? · 06-28-16 7:55am
by Joey's Spring has Sprung
Re: Re: Before I start suggesting? · 06-28-16 3:54pm
by Amyaurora
*Star* Re: Re: Before I start suggesting? · 06-28-16 4:12pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Before I start suggesting? · 06-28-16 5:14pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/2983131