*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/3047313
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #710633
Members help other members with non-technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 8, 2016 at 5:54pm
Re: do's and don'ts
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Is there a page or group for a post like this?

The site doesn't have a page or group offering free advertising for other companies/sites, but such companies/sites can purchase advertising space here. An item onsite or a link offsite can be sponsored with BidClick -- see BidClick System: Sponsored Items, Links & Genres from Writing.Com 101  -- but such an item cannot be plugged on any of the site plug pages. See Advertising Published Works from Writing.Com 101  for parallel directions for dos and don'ts for publicizing published works (some of it is specific for published works) and Email from Writing.Com 101  for dos and don'ts about spam.

Whether there are member-run groups or forums involved with seeking publication that would allow such information to be posted in their items -- you can use the site search to find such groups/forums and check their pages for directions. If the visible pages don't explicitly address the issue, you can email the item owners and ask.

Is it alright for me to ask writers if they would like to be considered for inclusion if I find a story that I like while reviewing?

I would recommend against doing that. This has occurred in the past. It tends not to go over very well, especially if the writer doesn't already know the asking person fairly well. Writers often freak out over such comments because they are afraid it means their work is being taken without their consent, etc. etc. etc., creating much angst, suspicion, and sturm and drang.

Hope that helps.

*Snow2* *Snow2* *Snow2* Northernwrites___*Pencil*

~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~ ~~Image #603504 Sharing Restricted~~
MESSAGE THREAD
do's and don'ts · 12-08-16 8:14am
by Dianne Lowe Breakfield
*Star* Re: do's and don'ts · 12-08-16 5:54pm
Re: Re: do's and don'ts · 12-08-16 7:02pm
Re: Re: Re: do's and don'ts · 12-08-16 8:19pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: do's and don'ts · 12-10-16 2:14pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/3047313