*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1048361-Follow-the-Leader
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1048361
A heart-to-heart talk with Jeffrey led me to believe I had finally reached him.
Word Count:181


Follow the Leader
By Donna Lowich



On vacation in Florida, four-year-old Jeffrey and three-year-old Kenny had just been reprimanded for misbehaving on the tram ride at Disney World. Once off the tram, I took Jeffrey to a nearby bench.

I looked him in the eyes, those large chocolate-brown eyes, and sternly told him, “You should behave better because you’re older, and Kenny does everything that you do, and that gets you both into trouble.” I paused. “ Do you understand?”

Jeffrey stared back at me, having absorbed my every word. He nodded his head vigorously.

At last! I had gotten through to him! I had reached him! “This parenting thing is a snap,” I thought to myself, “All you have to do is explain things on their terms.”

Not missing a beat, Jeffrey hopped off the bench and went face-to-face with little Kenny. In fact, they were so close that the brims of their matching red Mickey Mouse baseball caps were touching.

Jeffrey pointed a pudgy toddler finger at Kenny, and advised: “Kenny, don’t you be bad just because I be bad!”
© Copyright 2005 PENsive is Meemaw x 3! (donnal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1048361-Follow-the-Leader