*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1064915-Just-A-Thought
by MAGGIE
Rated: E · Essay · Family · #1064915
Just think what it would be like if this was you
Just a thought; What if one day you woke up and you couldn't remember who you were?

Well, there are a lot of people who wake up this way everyday and they don't even know why.

Their family members know because they are the ones who take them to the doctors.

Of course, the doctors let them know, but they will not remember.

If they could only remember, there wouldn't be so many problems with the people that take care of them.

The doctors call it "Alzheimer's Disease".

Everyone in the family knows and everyone else who is involved with this person also knows, except the person who has it.

It is kind of sad that no one takes the time to take care of someone like that, especially when it becomes one of your own family members.

There is always something that has to be done and no time to spend with a love one.

People don't understand that it's hard on the person that has Alzheimer's, even more than it is on the person in charge of their well being.

Try to put yourself in their shoes, would you like to wake up one day and not know where you are or who you are?

Not knowing if you ate or if you took a shower.

Not being able to remember who your family members are.

I think that people like this are so helpless.

Family members don't know how to take care of them, even if they did, sometimes it can become very overwhelming.

This is why, when someone tells you this person has Alzheimer's, you need to be sure you are as cautious as possible.

That person used to be just like you.

If it were you, what would you do, how would you react?

Most people don't think about things like this.

It is always something that might happen in the future.

Only the future gets here before you know it.

You never know what is around the corner of your life.
© Copyright 2006 MAGGIE (maggie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1064915-Just-A-Thought