*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1068465-First-Meeting
by kiera
Rated: GC · Short Story · Other · #1068465
A vampyre meets a mortal he immediately falls in love with.
The vampyre lies in sleep, his white blond hair pale against the crimson silk of the coffin. Outside the coffin, outside the building where the coffin lies, the sun is setting. The golden hues of the day do not reach the coffin, but the vampyre is awakening, his sapphire eyes lighting his face making him look as if he glows with the pure light of the sun. Silently the vampyre pushes the lid of the coffin up, and sits up, yawning and revealing pearly white teeth
` Around the vampyre and his coffin are crates from multiple countries. The vampyre sleeps in a warehouse of artifacts. Carefully, from out of the coffin, the vampyre pulls a silk shirt, and leather pants. Both in black. Quickly the vampyre dresses, leaving no wrinkles in the clothing - he has a party to attend after all.
********************************************************************************
In another building, a human, a mortal awakens, his raven hair looking beautiful with his emerald eyes. He is a young mortal, only 24 years of age, but seeming wise beyond his years. Alech wakes, and climbs out of his bed, watching through his open window, the sun setting. Alech turns from the window, and opens his closet pulling out a black silk shirt and black doeskin pants. Later in about an hour he would be hosting a party that would also be a way for him to sell his artwork. Alech smiled and dressed, heading down to the museum to meet his guests, his friends, and his ex-boyfriends.
*****************************************************************************
The vampyre entered the vast museum hall, carefully avoiding touching the people around him. Being a vampyre, he wold bruise them by just brushing up against them gently. Silently he walked over to a large group of people where he saw his only mortal contact that knew he was a vampyre. His lawyer - Charles Sheen.
"Good evening Charles, you claim there are art pieces here I would be interested in seeing?" the vampyre whispered in Charles's ear, causing the lawyer to jump and turn towards the vampyre, excusing himself from the group of people.
"Michaeles, I didn't expect to see you here so early!" Charles said to the vampyre, fixing his hair, and trying to hide his large glass of champagne.
"Now Charles, there's no need to hide your drink. It's not like you're going to get drunk, now is it?" Michaeles asked the mortal, and the lawyer blushed profusely.
"Um, there are several vampyre paintings here, and there is one that almost looks like you. All were painted by a regular, gay artist. He paints them when he wakes up, as if they're from his dreams. He has the sleep cycle of a vampyre, only before he goes to bed he watches the sun rise, and after he wakes up he watches it set. He's quite odd actually. He is a vampyre in all but three traits. Charles said seriously, guiding Michaeles through the hall.
"Yes, life, drinking blood, and immortality. But, you forget one. He can see the sun without being hurt. Whether he chooses to or not. How did you discover our young interest?"
© Copyright 2006 kiera (kariae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1068465-First-Meeting