*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1071398-Teenage-Crushes
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1071398
She finally comes to terms with the truth, but it's a little too late.
Prompt:You visit the grave site of a loved one and have a heart to heart talk. I know it sounds like a one-sided conversation, but if done right, you can have a dialogue.
Entry: 02/15/06

________________


"Hello, David. I'll bet you didn't expect to see me standing here today, did you? I'll bet you're gasping in shock or rolling around in your grave, whichever comes first, at the sight of me."

"What? What's that? You don't know who I am? Shame on you, David! Well, it's not like I blame you, after all it's been almost two years since you last saw me. Of course the girl you saw back then was a gangly, pimply-faced teen with stringy hair, which you once fondly called a dishrag..."

"Oh, don't give me that! You did too call it a dishrag. In fact, I think I went home that day and actually washed my hair and tried to get it into curls like Brenda Washington's - your slutty girlfriend back then. Unfortunately, it came out looking even worse than before and guess what you called it then!"

"Yes, that's right. You called my weak attempts at hair curling 'road kill'. I'll tell you this right now, Dave. I was crushed. Crushed I tell you. But do you remember what happened next?"

"Yeah, you can smile because that was the first time I actually got the guts to stand up to you and slap that smug look off your damn face. That's right. Skinny, weak, quiet and shy Amy Johnson actually gave the popular David a slap! Amazing, huh?"

"Funny thing that happened though...you started acting strangely after that. Or maybe that was me. I couldn't stop blushing whenever you walked past me in the hallways and come to think of it, you always kept shoving yourself in front of me whenever you had the chance!"

"Oh don't lie now! You know that's what happened. Ah, but those days bring back fond memories. How we'd not talk to each other at first before you actually asked me to go to the senior dance with you. I was so shocked I don't think I slept a wink that night."

"Do you remember the song we danced to? Yeah, that one. It became our favorite. I remember how you held me; how you smiled at me and said I was the most beautiful girl in the room. And our first kiss, oh, David, that was the happiest moment of my life."

"Damn...I forgot my handkerchief. Ah well...don't look at me, but I've got mascara running down my face. I think I'm doing a good impression of a raccoon at the moment."

"But...do look at me, David. I've come back after all this time and I just wanted to say...I'm so sorry for running away. I was too afraid to give you the answer you wanted and by the time I could get myself to see the truth...it was too late. The car accident....took you from me..."

"So...here I am, ready to give you my answer, David."

"I love you too."

"I've always loved you. If I could turn back time, I'd walk down the aisle and be with you until my dying day."








Word Count: 500
© Copyright 2006 iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen (satet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1071398-Teenage-Crushes