*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1098989-Choosing-is-the-Difference
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1098989
Why choice is the most important thing a human can do in his/her life
Choosing is the Difference

The flame grows in crimson red,
sucking in oxygen to continue it's life,
burning everything in it's path.

Couldn't I have been describing a human as well?

How different can a flame and a human being be?

Afterall, humans grow. Humans live off oxygen, and we can choose to incinerate everything in our path.

"Choose"

That is the only difference between a human and a flame. The flame is destructive, beautiful, and useful at the same time. And yet, it cannot choose. Humans can choose.

Humans can choose what to do in life. Most humans do not care. They just continue their life like they are floating in the sea, moving with the current till it takes them somewhere.

But we must cherish the right to choose. After all, in some places around the world, choosing is illegal. Do we choose what's right or what's wrong? Only your perception can make that decision. But in the end, us humans must understand how important choice is. The flame can't choose, but the human can.

That is the difference.
© Copyright 2006 ~~Mc Young~~ (mc_young at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1098989-Choosing-is-the-Difference