*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1136918-Death-at-Rosewood-Mansion
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1136918
Excerpt from a gossip column about the death of a famous director....
Prompt: To make use of all the seven deadly sins: Envy, Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Lust, Gluttony, Pride
_____________________________________

THE VINE
Death at Rosewood Mansion
By Loraine Bradshaw


         The setting is the Rosewood Mansion - home of the infamous director, Marvin Milton - well known for his over-the-top parties. Last Saturday night was no different as he threw a bash for his first Oscar win. As usual, it was filled with enough food to feed a small nation, scantily-clad professional dancers, and some exotic animals all set to the theme of his award-winning movie - Dances with Lions. As expected, guests were required to appear in attires from the racks of famous designers, or entrance was denied.

         A brief history of Milton, from reliable sources, tells that he was a man who took great pride in his movies. So much so, that he fired some well known stars for not adhering to his strict demands on the set. No one dared to argue with him over scripts, and his paychecks steadily increased over the years (many claim he demanded the raise), his last picture alone garnering him a whooping $50 million, which was quickly squandered on a trip to Greece. Many might recall that it was during this same trip that he got married to Gabriella Matisse, the then wife of Ortega Matisse, a rival Greek director. As the story goes, Milton met Gabriella at the film festival over there, and fell hard and fast for the young up and coming supermodel. Many might say it was lust at first sight, others might say that Milton felt it necessary to steal away Ortega's wife because he was envious. Whatever the case might be, the wedding was the most talked about event in the country.

         It goes without saying that Milton had a lot of enemies, many who would want to get a piece of him for whatever wrong he had done in the past. He was found face down in a pool of his blood at the party on Saturday night, and the police are now holding many of the guests for questioning.

         Who could be responsible for this horrific shooting?

         Ortega Matisse, who clearly still has a grudge against Milton? Gabriella, who over the past few months, has let herself go, and according to tabloids, is so lazy that she's gained a lot of weight? Perhaps she got upset that Milton was beginning to date other supermodels, and her jealousy overtook all rational thinking? Or could it be Milton's business partners – Dimitri Young and Gary Sanders – two producers who might want more of Milton's shares in their company - MYS Entertainment?

         Speculation is high, and the rumor mills are swirling with talk. Since Milton's net worth is now over a billion dollars, anyone who is directly related or has come in contact with Milton personally is now a suspect in this case, this according to Officer Sherborn of the Los Angeles Police Department.

         Marvin Milton was shot twice at the back of his head at close range, and as of today, no witnesses have come forth with answers. Funeral arrangements are yet to be announced, but you can be sure that many in the Hollywood community will turn out to pay their last respects.

         "He will be missed dearly," says Barbara Westwood, lead actress in Dances with Lions. "Milton was a caring guy, and his loss will leave a burning hole in the movie world."

         Marvin Milton is survived by his wife, two illegitimate sons, and a slew of mistresses. He was only thirty-two years old.

© Copyright 2006 iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen (satet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1136918-Death-at-Rosewood-Mansion