*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1159723-Pop-culturethe-destruction-of-America
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1159723
ramblings that were swimming around in my head for a couple of days
pop culture, has ruined america. it has corrupted the minds of teenagers and reduced them to nothing but mindnumbing slaves to the evils of pop culture.

stay with me on this one. my reasons are as follows

1. if pop culture was non-existant then teenagers would be able to fashion an orginal idea. not be slaves to pop culture and do what it tells them to do.

2. if pop culture was non-existant, then eating disorders would be non-existant. well maybe not non-existant but you sure would hear less of them. my reasons for this are, pop culture tells us what is "right" and how to look and act. with models being stick thin, then it brings about the rise of eating disorders, and the slaves to pop culture developing them.

3. if pop culture was non-existant, then i would not be addicted to my tv. i am a slave to pop culture and day after day i sit in front of my tv and mindnumbingly change the channels. i guess you could call it an abusive realtionship. when hes in a good mood he gives me the good shows, but when hes in a bad mood i get the infommercials and soap operas, hes in a bad mood more often then anything. i guess its a honeymoon cycle, or so the videos in health class told me. they need a group for abusive relationships with your tv, i think it would do well. so if pop-culture was non-existant, then i would not be in a abusive realtionship. thank you pop culture...

4. if pop culture was non-existant then people would not have as much money. pop culture is an amazing industry for those people wanting to cash in the big bucks. because the slaves to pop culture (i.e. me) will do and buy anything pop culture tells us to do. so if pop culture was non-existant then people would not be as rich and maybe an equal distrubution of wealth would start appearing...what a concept!

so do you believe me now that pop culture has ruined america as it has ruined my life? one day pop culture will be the destruction of america, just you wait. and when it happens, all i will say is, i told you so!
© Copyright 2006 brenna_katelyn (butlerb0726 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1159723-Pop-culturethe-destruction-of-America