*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1201600-National-Honor-Society-Scholarship-Essay
Rated: E · Essay · Career · #1201600
What aspects of your high school education have best prepared you for the future?
In high school, many things help you prepare for the future, even without you realising it. A conversation with a teacher can add insight into the amount of schooling and dedication that it has taken to get them to this career goal. A deadline of an important essay gives you both the dedication to complete a project on time and the logical steps needed to create a coherent paper. Even testing gives preparation for the future. Not only does it help to show what you understand on a given subject, but it also helps to give you the necessary steps of learning something new and preparing you to be able to show others that you have accomplished it. It is not only the everyday classes that prepare us, but the extra-curricular activities as well. Getting involved in the high school musical gives you the preparation for the audition that parallels the interview process that most of us will have to go through in the future. To go along with that, just being a part of any group; be it sports, academic or musical based, gives the members the ability to work with others to accomplish a given task; a win, better grades or even a concert. And whether you believe it or not, the simple act of getting through the day with so many different cultural backgrounds is preparing us as well. In the future we will need to work along side people from dramatically different backgrounds from ourselves to pursue our careers, to obtain a paycheck. High school has prepared us for the future by being exactly what it is; a place dedicate to the learning process.
© Copyright 2007 pixybrat (pixybrat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1201600-National-Honor-Society-Scholarship-Essay