*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1215870-With-Praise-on-My-Lips-a-New-Day-Dawned
by Kenzie
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1215870
Ms. Merry Sunshine knows that today will be a special day, as each one is!
With Praise on My Lips, A New Day Dawned
by Marilyn Mackenzie
March 20, 2002


I awoke this morning just like any other morning. I arose, joyfully, to meet and greet a brand new day. The words on my lips were, "This is the day the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

I let my Bible open where it would. Usually when I do that, it opens to somewhere in the Psalms, both because that marks the center of God's Word, and because I visit the Psalms so often.

It helps to know that David often started his talks with God by screaming about injustices, but always ended by praising Him. David's example allows me to be honest with God about my feelings. When I'm overwhelmed or downright angry, I know I can share this with the Lord. But, God already knows my heart. And even as I relieve myself of hurts and pain, I can feel words of praise and worship, bubbling up from the soul of my being, and forming on my lips.

Just like the Psalmist, my time alone with God ends on a note of praise for the Creator and this grand and glorious world.

"This is the day the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." There's a song in my heart once more, as I begin a brand new day. Ms. Merry Sunshine knows that today will be a special day, as each one is!
© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1215870-With-Praise-on-My-Lips-a-New-Day-Dawned