*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1286757-Remember-me
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1286757
A devotional article
Luke 22:17-20 NIV
    After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."
      And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."
    In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Devotion:

My aunt gave me a ring that she has had and worn for a long time. She told me, “Enjoy this ring and wear it, and when you do, remember me!” At the time, I thought how odd, I certainly won’t forget my aunt!  Later it occurred to me that she meant something much more. There is a meaning to the phrase “remember me” that isn’t used often. It has more of a meaning of “Keep me in your thoughts and prayers-keep me in your heart.”

This is what I think Jesus meant when He said “Do this in remembrance of me.” He wasn’t just saying “think of me.” He meant “Keep me in your heart.” 
Every time we take Communion, we are remembering His sacrifice for each of us. We take the bread and cup as a physical reminder. But we are to “remember” Him as well, with our intellect and with our emotional being. We are to keep His word in our minds and His love in our hearts.

Prayer: Dearest Lord Jesus, thank you for your sacrifice, made in love. Help me to always remember you in every way, loving you with all my heart, as well as with all my mind and my soul. Amen.
© Copyright 2007 JazzyTay (jazzytay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1286757-Remember-me