*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1287148-Wedding-in-White
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1287148
Jessie loses love again.
Wedding in White

Jessie held onto her father’s arm, the sound of the wedding march vibrating the wooden floor and nervousness swept over her. The church doors opened and the crowd of family and friends stood and turned in their direction, smiling.

White rose petals lined the aisle as they began their journey. Her eyes looked at her soon to be husband, bright grin on his face, looking handsome in the black tuxedo. Today her life would be forever altered.

It was then that Jessie saw him standing among the crowd, his dark eyes filled with sorrow and disbelief. Her breath caught and her heart slammed into her chest as her feet froze to the ground. Hot tears quickly filled her eyes and blurred her vision.

After all this time he was back. No more nights of loneliness, of heartbreak, of crying herself to sleep. He moved toward her, those green orbs focused solely on her. The bouquet of white roses fell to floor as her heartbeat quickened in anticipation and joy swept over her.

He was here. Her one true love, the man she vowed to wait forever for. Only she hadn’t waited. She gave up hope, and became engaged to the first man who came along. How could she explain it? Would he understand?

Those intoxicating emerald eyes were in front of her, inches away, searching the depths of her soul. His bronzed face hardened a frown on his lips as he waited and silence stretched. “Why?” he implored.

Jessie reached her hand forward, resting it on his clean shaven face. “You didn’t come back,” she uttered.

“But I did.” He turned and left her standing in the aisle, a collective gasp swept through the church. Jessie collapsed in a heap of white satin, her heart shattered into pieces again.


WC: 298
© Copyright 2007 Purple is House Florent (purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1287148-Wedding-in-White